Vectorworks Remote Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Vectorworks Remote?
Vectorworks Remote turns your mobile device into an extension of your Vectorworks application. The Vectorworks Remote App is free, but it requires a licensed version of Vectorworks. Starting with Vectorworks 2018, Vectorworks Remote is included in the standard workspaces. If you own a prior version of Vectorworks, a Vectorworks Remote plug-in must be downloaded and installed separately.
Vectorworks Remote can be used as a:
- Presentation assistant, acting as a wireless control that frees you from your desktop keyboard and mouse.
- Visualization aid, enabling you to use touch gestures to pan, zoom, and perform flyover and walkthrough actions on Vectorworks application files.
- Productivity tool, combining the Vectorworks desktop application’s Organization dialog box, Navigation palette, and Visualization palette in a single location, freeing up your display area.
This is just the beginning for Vectorworks Remote. We encourage you to share your thoughts and ideas with us to make it more useful for you.
For more information, read How can I file technical support issues and enhancement requests?
- What do I require to get Vectorworks Remote functioning?
The following are required to successfully use Vectorworks Remote:
- Mobile device with the Vectorworks Remote App installed
- Vectorworks application license (version 2016 or later)
- If you own Vectorworks 2016 or 2017, a Remote plug-in needs to be downloaded and installed separately.
Each version of the Vectorworks application requires the corresponding version of the plug-in. See which versions of the Vectorworks remote plug-in are currently available by visiting the installation guide page: https://cloud.vectorworks.net/products/remote/install_guide/.
- What are the system requirements for Vectorworks Remote?
The operating system requirements for the Vectorworks Remote plug-in are the same as for the Vectorworks application: http://www.vectorworks.net/fundamentals/sysreq.php.
Check the Apple App Store or Google Play Store descriptions of the Vectorworks Remote App for up-to-date system requirements.
- How do I install the Vectorworks Remote App on my iOS device?
To install Vectorworks Remote, search for “Vectorworks Remote” in the Apple App Store and download the app.
Once installed, launch Vectorworks Remote from your iOS device and follow the connection instructions on the initial screen.
- How do I install the Vectorworks Remote App on my Android device?
To install Vectorworks Remote on an Android device, search for “Vectorworks Remote” in the Google Play store and download the app.
Once installed, launch Vectorworks Remote from your Android device and follow the connection instructions on the initial screen.
- How do I install the Vectorworks Remote Plug-in on my computer?
Vectorworks 2018 includes the Vectorworks Remote plug-in in the standard workspaces. For 2016 or 2017 versions of Vectorworks, the plug-in can be downloaded and installed by following these instructions: cloud.
- Where is the Windows Mobile version?
Currently, we do not have enough users on Windows Mobile; we will consider developing on Windows Mobile if we receive enough requests.
- Is Vectorworks Remote tied to Vectorworks Service Select or Vectorworks Cloud Services?
No, Vectorworks Remote is a standalone product; you do not need a Vectorworks Service Select membership or a Vectorworks Cloud Services account.
- What does Vectorworks Remote cost?
The Vectorworks Remote App is free and available on the Apple App Store for iOS and the Google Play store for Android. The Remote plug-in for Vectorworks is also free, and available for download by all users who hold an active 2016 or 2017 Vectorworks product license. Vectorworks 2018 includes the Vectorworks Remote plug-in in the standard workspaces.
- Does the availability of remotes in Vectorworks Remote depend on my Vectorworks product license?
Yes, Vectorworks Remote enables the remotes based on your Vectorworks product license.
If you have a Vectorworks Fundamentals product license, you can access the following remotes:
- View Presentation
If you have a Vectorworks Design Series product license (Designer, Architect, Spotlight, Landmark) you can also access the following remotes:
- Design Layers
- Sheet Layers
- Saved Views
If you have Renderworks, you can also access the following remotes (starting with Vectorworks 2017, all users have access to these remotes):
- How do I establish the connection between the Vectorworks Remote App and the Vectorworks Desktop application?
The Vectorworks Remote App help contains instructions on how to establish the connection between the mobile app and the Vectorworks application. Refer to the Guide for Troubleshooting Connection Problems if you have trouble connecting.
- How can I file technical support issues and enhancement requests?
If you require immediate assistance and if you are a Vectorworks Service Select member, please submit your support request here: serviceselect.vectorworks.net/support/supportform.
If you are not a Service Select member, please contact your local tech support: http://www.vectorworks.net/support/.
Send an email to: email@example.com to submit enhancement requests or report problems that do not require immediate response.
©Vectorworks, Incorporated. All rights reserved. Version 23.0
Vectorworks and Renderworks are registered trademarks of Vectorworks, Inc.
Apple and Mac are registered trademarks of Apple, Inc.
AppStore is a registered service mark of Apple, Inc.
iOS is a registered trademark of Cisco Systems, Inc., and is used under license by Apple, Inc.
Android and Play Store are registered trademarks of Google, Inc.
Windows is a registered trademark of the Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.